[FPP] Flash Panorama Player v3 … pour bientôt ?

gibie
Administrateur

[FPP] Flash Panorama Player v3 … pour bientôt ?

Message par gibie »

A signaler un article très intéressant sur le blog de Nicolas Burtey "Flash Panorama Player v3 … pour bientôt ?" : voir lien

Pour information, le message original en anglais de Denis le développeur du FPP
Hello, guys!
What the problem? Can I help? :)

I told you already several years ago I'm a lot better in communication with actionscript code than in human communications. Do you belive me now? ))

So I can say once again: sorry for my absence on the forum and in this group. To be true I'm reading these resources from time to time (and I'm managing new users as well). I can tell you the most horrible questions for me, these are requests to implement some small and simple feature. Yes, usually I know how to do it (one or two days of work), but for today I have a list of non implemented small features longer than my own stature (180cm).

Yes, I think I should do the same as Trausti did, hire some developers to keep the rate of updates. But I have bad experience with the outsource (and a funny story for you). Do you remember that link on my main page (Gallery, under construction)? I hired a small team of php developers to make this task, they are feeding me with nice PowerPoint presentations about 10 month long then they take the last money transfer and dissapeared somewhere in multi-million Bombay.

But other guys made viewat.org site, it's perfect, I'm visiting it often, and I forget about my own gallery for now.

This years I'm going to build a small local team of Actionscript developers. At first they will start with Flash components (other my project) but later they will join to FPP project I believe.

About version 3.0: I can't say that I'm working on it day after day, hour after hour, actually I didn't open it since last week... This is other my problem, too many active projects. Last year I participated in 7 big projects, some of them was successful and made some money for me like omlet.ru or toox.com, some of them are not. This year is going to be not so busy. ;)

But let's say the true: I can't implement so many features as krpano now, so, when I will launch 3.0, I will make some new important feature impossible in other players. Otherwise it has no sense. Anyway I think my architecture of the player is still better, maybe it can't comfort you as customers but it's really important for me as for developer.

Yes, and I should say a couple of words for my old customers: AYRTON, Trausti, Scott, Corvus. Thank you for your loyalty, it's always so nice to see familiar nicknames here. :)

Remember, when we are just starting there was no one good Flash panorama player at all... So, now we have several good enough players. It's perfect! I can't say this "hurts" my business, because it was never be a business only for me. Can someone say here that panoramas are only business for him? I will not believe it ever :)

Thank you,
Denis.

P.S. I can answer here any questions not about features and not about ETA with pleasure...
bemol73

Re: Flash Panorama Player v3 … pour bientôt ?

Message par bemol73 »

Ce message confirme bien un avancement sur la version 3, mais aussi que ce n'est pas une priorité pour Denis.
A mon avis il faudra attendre encore quelques mois avant d'en voir la couleur...
Nikon D300 + Nikor 10.5 mm + 360Precision Absolute
Sites web : http://www.immersium.fr & http://www.streetwalk360.com
Page Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Immersium/131615226886648
chatinyo

Message par chatinyo »

"..when I will launch 3.0, I will make some new important feature impossible in other players.." Je trouve cette déclaration un peu flou, et aussi trés avancée!! :!:
elmer

Message par elmer »

wait and see, comme dirait shakespeare...au moins, cela donne l'impression que le logiciel n'est pas à l'abandon...
Canon 350 Diesel qui prend une retraite mérité, NN5, Tokina 10-17 scalpé
Répondre

Revenir à « FPP (Flash Panorama Player) »